Some notes on LINQ to XML
- All LINQ to XML objects inherit from XObject.
- All LINQ to XML objects except XAttribute inherit from XNode which directly inherits from XObject.
- Using XDocument is optional. (XDocument wraps an XElement object and adds to it.)
- Both XDocument and XElement have static methods Load and Parse to load XML.
- Load() can build an X-DOM from a TextReader, XmlReader, a file or a URI (such as a web service or RSS feed).
- Parse can build an X-DOM from a fragment of XML in a string.